I know that you have all been waiting on the edge of your seats for me to reveal which sweater I chose to start knitting. (Poll post.) Well I am going to pretend you all were. Anyhow. I have started the Leavened Raglan. I am pretty sure that I have changed the pattern to well beyond recognition so I think I will call the project the Unleavened Raglan.
So far the changes have been:
- I am knitting this with Malabrigo lace yarn on US 4s, instead of bulky mohair/wool yarn and US 13s.
- I knit the bottom edge in garter stitch instead of a 1×1 rib.
- I have decided the sweater would be better for me a bit shorter, instead of 17″ to the underarm I have around 13.5″.
- I added more waist shaping to take into account that my waist and hip measurements are drastically different.
- I am planning at this stage to make the sweater with a loose-ish turtleneck. I am not there yet so this may change.
So basically I took the stitch pattern, kept the raglan sleeves and ran.
Crappy photo for showing stitch pattern but does show progress:
I really love the stitch pattern but couldn’t seem to do it justice in a photo. I did eventually decide to drape my knitting over a light. A great idea, I think.
These photos show the way the garter brioche makes little x patterns. I think it is also called a honeycomb brioche, which fits. The knitting was getting hot so I quit with the pictures of that for now.
The last photos for today are of Lora and her blanketa progress.
All I can say about the Blanketa is AWESOME!